If you don’t plan to breed from your pet, neutering is the most responsible action to take! At Blackwater Vets all specially booked pre-neutering consultations with the vet are free – a saving of £35. Additionally all clients on the health plan will receive 10% off the costs of neutering their pets.
Neutering is often termed castration or spey in the male and female animal and brings many behavoral and health benefits as well as preventing your female animal becoming pregnant.
Neutering a female will:
- Prevent of cancer of the uterus and ovaries if done at 6 months of age
- Prevent uterine infections – the pyometra
- Stop the hormonal changes which cause bleeding and unwanted male dog attention and pregnancy.
Neutering a male will:
- Prevent testicular cancer
- Reduce diseases of the prostate
- Prevent hormonally driven marking, roaming and can reduce aggressive behaviour
Please contact our clinic if you would like to learn more on 01206 384999
2 Mill Road, West Mersea
Monday - Friday:
8:30 am - 7 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday & Bank holidays: closed
tel: (01206) 384 999