If you don’t plan to breed from your pet, neutering is the most responsible action to take. At Blackwater Vets all specially booked pre-neutering consultations with the vet are free.
Clients on the health plan will receive 10% off the costs of neutering their pets.
Neutering is often termed castration or spey in the male and female animal and brings many behavioural and health benefits as well as preventing your female animal becoming pregnant.
Neutering a female will:
- reduce the risk of certain cancers if performed around 6 months of age
- Prevent infection of the uterus
- Stop the hormonal changes which cause seasons.
Neutering a male will:
- Prevent testicular cancer
- Reduce diseases of the prostate
- Prevent hormone driven behaviours such as marking, roaming and aggressive behaviours
2 Mill Road, West Mersea
Mon-Fri: 8:30 - 19:00
Sat: 8:30 - 12:30
Tel: 01206 384999
Sun & BH: closed
Out of Hours Tel : 01206 842224
Did you know? ..Blackwater Vets is one of only 2 veterinary practices in the Colchester region that holds an award for meeting the International Cat Care's recomendations for cat wellbeing within a veterianry clinic?