If you don’t plan to breed from your pet, neutering is the most responsible action to take. At Blackwater Vets all specially booked pre-neutering consultations with the vet are free.
Also all clients on the health plan will receive 10% off the costs of neutering their pets.
Neutering is often termed castration or spey in the male and female animal and brings many behavioural and health benefits as well as preventing your female animal becoming pregnant.
Neutering a female will:
- reduce the risk of certain cancers if performed around 6 months of age
- Prevent infection of the uterus
- Stop the hormonal changes which cause seasons.
Neutering a male will:
- Prevent testicular cancer
- Reduce diseases of the prostate
- Prevent hormone driven behaviours such as marking, roaming and aggressive behaviours
Please contact our clinic if you would like to learn more on 01206 384999
2 Mill Road, West Mersea
Monday - Friday:
8:30 am - 7 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday & Bank holidays: closed
tel: (01206) 384 999