How physiotherapy can help
Veterinary Physiotherapy uses a range of research based treatments and interventions to increase comfort and quality of movement. Physiotherapy is a conscious treatment, with no sedation or restraint required. Overall the experience is enjoyable, comforting and pain relieving for your pet.
Your pet may benefit from physiotherapy if they show signs of pain in everyday movement. As well as managing pain, physiotherapy can aid in rehabilitation to encourage optimum healing post surgery or injury, maintaining fitness and strength in working or sporting dogs, and in weight loss cases.
After an initial assessment where we will discuss the aims and goals for your pet, we will form a plan for physiotherapy sessions going forward. Just phone our friendly team on 01206 384999 to book your initial session.
Did you know that most insurance companies recognise the benefits that physiotherapy brings and will pay for physiotherapy sessions if these are recommended by your vet?
Examples of cases where physiotherapy is highly recommended include:
- osteoarthritis/ stiff joints
- cruciate ligament injury
- hip and elbow dysplasia
- spinal conditions
- limb deformaties
- muscle pain or weakness
- limb fractures
- tendon/ ligament injuries
- injury prevention in sporting/ working animals
- prehabilitation – strenghten before surgery for optimal prognosis
- slow or stubborn wound healing
Physiotherapy could help:
- Reduce pain of joints, muscles and further tissues as appropriate
- Aid joint mobility
- Increase muscle strength and flexibility
- Restore comfortable movement patterns
- Reduce muscle tension
- Promote relaxation and wellbeing
- Optimise tissue healing
- Reduce the risk of secondary joint disease post surgery/injury
2 Mill Road, West Mersea
Did you know? ..Blackwater Vets is one of only just a few veterinary practices in the Colchester region that hold cat friendly clinic status?